Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Catching up

Life is crazy and getting crazier.
So much for keeping up with "plans for 2009." Teach me for setting goals without actually planning anything. The areas I have actual plans for are falling into place. (Says something about setting goals!)

Just got back from Portland. I'm glad I decided to actually visit the apartments I had found online, instead of going in blindly. (Yes, I could have had Terry visit for me, but he can't give me the "gut check" I was looking for.) I had three places that are in the school district I want to live in, that had 3 BR in my rent range. The first one we visited was very well maintained, and I felt comfortable there. I did put my name on their waiting list for a 3 BR. The second one we stopped at was "out to lunch," and would be back for almost an hour. We decided to catch that one later. Off to the third one on my list. When we pulled up there were 5 or 6 teenage guys loitering (truly no other word for what they were doing) in front of the office door. We went ahead and toured the facility and 3BR show apt. It was ok, but just didn't like the feeling I had while there. That one is now on the "only if I'm desperate" list. The next day, we went back to the one we missed. The property manager was very chatty, and gave me some info. on the schools (her daughters will also be in high school and middle school next fall.) Felt good about wanting to live there and glad we went back.

On the flight from Portland to Denver, my row mate and I started chatting. It turns out he lives in Omaha and is also moving to Portland this summer. We exchanged e-mails and ph. numbers. Sharing the cost of a UHaul rental, plus the fuel, appeals to both of us. It's amazing how God puts people into our lives!

As for the other aspects of my life. Classes start again tonight. This quarter I am taking "Creative and Critical Thinking," as well as "Intro. to Humanities." Not real thrilled about either class, but need to take them to fulfill requirements to transfer. At least I'm able to take one online. Two classes on Tues and Thurs was not something I was looking forward to, as I would not have gotten home until after 9. The days are long enough as is.

Everything else on the "to do" list revolves around moving. Need to get apps. sent in to the top two apartments. Then it's wait and see if a 3 BR is avail., and where. As I have been saying we are "purging, planning, and packing." There are totes stuffed into closets that have non-essentials already packed, thanks to Jaydee. Cleaning out closets and cupboards is another task as well.

No comments:

Oregon pictures