Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Sunday, February 1, 2009

1 month down, 11 to go in 2009

Here are the results, so far, of my plans for 2009...

Move to Portland:
We've started to pack some things that can be stored. Another trip or two to Goodwill seems to be on my horizon.
Weight: Only gained 3 lbs over the holidays. Now I'm back under the goal weight. I'm part of a work group who is working on being more fit, and healthier over the next two months.

Health: I need to rethink this goal. The original was a bit vague and needs better definition. One area that I really need to focus on is exercise. That being said, I am setting the goal of 30 minutes of exercise, at least 5 days a week. First challenge: there are only so many hours in the day.

Spirit: Still working with the Youth Group. In answering some of their dilemmas, I learned more about myself. In looking at my life before Christ vs. after (receiving) Christ, I see how I have changed. Of course spirituality is a journey, not a destination.

Money: A bit of a challenge, at the moment. At least, this year, I'm prepared for the hours at work being cut back. It seems to be the pattern of the last two years. Saying "it's not in the budget," when the girls want something that isn't really needed, is getting easier.

Relationships: The trip to Oregon in January seemed to bond the girls and me. The plane ride and layovers gave us even more time to sit and talk. One flight attendant called us "the reading row." Had to laugh at that observation. Jaydee surprised me by showing interest in the end of the Oregon Trail, and where Lews & Clark made it to the Pacific. (Those visits will have to wait until we move.) I'm excited that we actually have an interest in common!

No comments:

Oregon pictures