Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Monday, January 26, 2009

My high school years

So that I don't bog down Janell's blog, I'm answering her question here. (see the link to the left)

We had just moved to Wayne, the spring before my Freshman year. I didn't know a soul in my class on the first day. Playing volleyball, I made friends with a girl named MaryAnn. Through her, I met Joni and Dori. I don't remember how Colette and Judy ended up in the group of "outsiders," but they did. I'm still in contact with MaryAnn, Colette and Judy, as well as Jeanna, who was in our class our Sophomore and Junior years.

T-shirts and blue jeans were primarily my style. Added the "required" leg warmers and mini skirts, when they were popular.

My favorite bands were: Loverboy, DefLeppard, KISS and Quiet Riot. I've seen all of these bands in concert, a couple of them more than once.

As for school: I was a B-average student. The classes I didn't do so well in were Science (somethings will never change,) and US History. The US History could have been a better grade, but I could not stand the teacher...Male Chauvenist Pig. Since Mom wouldn't let me play drums, I opted for choir instead. My Senior year was the first year computer classes were an option, which I did take. I did play Volleyball my Fr. and So. years, but quit due to work. Tried Basketball my Fr. year, but didn't spent most of my time on the bench, so didn't bother after that. My Sr. year I got a wild hair and threw Shot Put...or at least made a valiant effort. Let's just say it was not a talent of mine.

Like Janell, since my daughters read these blogs, I'm pleading the 5th in regards to my extra-curricular activities. I worked to pay for play/partying. Enough said.

1 comment:

Sue said...

BTW, Mom reads it too. Might have something to do with the omissions.

Oregon pictures