Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Monday, December 15, 2008

Fabulous at 43!

Inspired by Janell's list. I have less than 30 days to compile a list of things about myself.

44. I rode a Zip Line, for the first time, this year.

43. I enjoy water tubing and white water rafting

42. Skydiving is on my "Bucket List."

41. I rode a ski lift for the first time in my life, in August of this year.

40. The only other country I have been to is Canada...didn't even need a passport, at the time. I still don't own a passport.

39. On Nov. 1, 2008, I reached Lifetime status at Weight Watchers. Total weight loss (over almost 2 years) 63 lbs.

38. The last dress I bought for myself, was in the Jr's section.

37. I'm a cool mom, because I can make my kids tell me to turn the music down! lol :)

36. I have been in every state west of the Missouri, and a couple to the east.

35. Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm a chocoholic

34. I'm a techno-geek wannabe

33. My second birthday is in August, 2001. If you don't know what a second birthday is, talk to me.

32. My last birthday was spent making funeral arrangements

31. I have lead an Internment (for lack of words) Service.

30. The craziest trip I have been on (so far) was traveling through 10 states in 7 days.

29. I hate birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper. (Comics/funny pages are completely acceptable.)

28. I've been drinking coffee since I was 4. (to the smartass remarks...no, that's not all day, every day since then.)

27. My theme song is "Live Like You're Dying." Yes, it's a freakin country western song.

26. I got my first tattoo for my 40th birthday.

25. I have stood in the middle of a dormant volcano (Mt. Tabor in Portland, OR,) driven through a volcanic ash bed (Crater of the Moon, ID,) and stood in/by an active "super" volcano (Yellowstone National Park.)

24. When I say "Oh my God," or "Oh God," I'm sending up a prayer, basically saying "Lord, help me!"

23. My current career goal is to be a Youth Leader/Director or counselor.

22. I've had two concussions...one with stitches in the chin, and the other with a skull fracture. I've been told I had a spinal tap, as a result of the latter.

21. I gave birth (twice) without any drugs, except for a local analgesic, because the whole idea of putting a needle in my back, for an epidural, just made me nuts! (I'm guessing the reaction was due to the spinal tap mentioned in #22.)

20. I have been a Portland TrailBlazers fan since 1982. (Jack Ramsey's coaching era.)

19. I have been a Kansas City Royals fan since 1980 (George Brett Era.)

18. I have been to professional baseball and basketball games, but not a professional football game.

17. I remember sitting on a stool, in Mom's kitchen, listening to the Nebraska Cornhuskers' football game, announced by Lyle B., on KFAB, when I was in Kindergarten.

16. I've seen both kinds of Redwood trees, but can't remember the two different types.

15. My favorite birthday cake was the Christmas Tree, Grandma Mabel made. (May have to borrow the picture from Mom.) The only exception to the "no blending birthday and Christmas" rule.

14. The first concert I went to was with my mom, grandma, sister and a couple of friends, to the Beach Boys at the Nebraska State Fair.

13. The most recent concert I went to was with my sister and my daughters, to the Def Leppard/Billy Idol concert at the Qwest Center.

12. My favorite place on Earth is Multnomah Falls, OR

11. My passion for travel landed me on my current goal path of becoming a Youth Director. (Note to others: Joking around about "filling a spot" as a sponsor for a trip is not recommended, unless you really want to go!)

10. I have hiked in Colorado, Idaho and Oregon.

9. I am a published photographer. Ok it was the cover of our church directory, but it's published nonetheless.

8. I can drive a manual transmission, but I ride the clutch.

7. I can drive a motorcycle, but have a problem getting it out of Neutral into First gear. (Guess the Harley Davidson, on the Bucket List, will have to be an Automatic! lol)

6. Taking lessons at The Richard Petty Driving School, in Las Vegas, is on my Bucket List.

5. I've sat in a car during a snowstorm on Donner Pass, for 3 hours. Even watched a snowball fight! lol Learned how to "chain up," on that trip, too.

4. I firmly believe God answers all prayers. The answer may not be the one you want to hear, and it may not be on your time line.

3. I have been on 4 mission trips, as a Youth Sponsor.

2. My favorite verse in the Bible is Matthew 7:7, followed very closely by Phillipians 4:13.

1. I believe every word of the Apostle's Creed, including (especially?) "He WILL return."

5 comments:

Kendra said...

you twit #37 and i quote "im a cool mom becaz my kids make me turn down the music" ever think its becuz its the WRONG type of music we dont like listening to songs that begin with words from the 80's and 70's and 60's!!!!! another reason is maybe the reason you turn it up so high is your getting old and your loseing your hearing. ooooooo that one was below the belt!!!! oh and happy birthday

cdroses said...

Dear Twit Jr.,
I'll remember this the next time you want to go to a concert with me.

Sue said...

OK, you two, quit arguing.

Janell said...

I really enjoyed this list!
I hope you don't have to add any more concussions next year, but I rememebr the first ones.
Love you!

Janell said...

PS Please post the details of your "Second Birthday..."

Oregon pictures