Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Answering Janell's question...

Janell has asked that I explain the "2nd birthday" mentioned in my "Fabulous at 43" posting.

The Bible tells us that we will be "born again," when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. We will become new again. I don't recall where I heard it referred to as a "2nd birthday," but I like the image the phrase brings to mind. A true day of celebration!

To take this a step further, here is my testimony:

In August 2001, I had been praying fervently about an offer to become a Stephen's Minister. At the time, I had been doing a lot of Bible study and had prayed "The Sinner's Prayer," but my heart wasn't fully into the prayer.

One night, in my dream, I was dressed in white, in a white room, surrounded by white. I was on my knees praying "Lord Jesus, I am a sinner and am not worthy of you. Please come into my life and be my Savior." My elbow was touched and I stood up, as I was told "You are a Bride of Christ." I was filled with such a powerful feeling I woke up and sat straight up in bed. When I looked at the clock, it read 2:11 a.m. I had the urge to get up and start talking to people about Jesus!

I also had the answer to the prayer about becoming a Stephen's Minister. When I called Pastor Ryan the following day, I told him he almost had a phone call at 2:11 a.m.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Yup. Love that dream description. That's a good one. Amen, Sister. Isn't it interesting that God spoke to the Old Testament Joseph in Genesis in dreams and then spoke to the New Testament Joseph in dreams? (Luke and Matthew) Is God Good or what?

Oregon pictures