Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Year changes - check-up

August got away from me, and I didn't do my check-up. Here's my 9 month check-up:

Weight loss:
(drum roll please) I am .6 away from goal!! **happy dance** By the end of Sept., I will be at goal and working on my Lifetime Membership with WW. I am so excited about WW, I have applied to become a Leader. If I take the training, while living in Nebraska, I can transfer to Oregon without a problem, next year.

Travel:
I'm done traveling for the year, except for in-state...I think...unless an awesome opportunity arises, that I just can't turn down. I had planned on taking the girls to OR over Christmas break, but it would be about half the cost to go in January instead. Jaydee's looking forward to skiing Mt. Hood for her birthday! (weather permitting...I am NOT chaining up to go to Mt. Hood!)

School:
My mind and sanity are currently in tact. Three weeks to go of this quarter and I'm still hanging in there. I've signed up for two classes for the next quarter. The fall quarter I will be taking a class on campus, on Saturday mornings, as well as a course online (Human Anatomy w/lab). I'm on track to have 80-90 credits to transfer to Portland State, next year, which will put me in the Jr. year.

Organization:
Define organized. Ok, I haven't touched my office, at home. That is the biggest unorganized mess of the house. We have been doing a lot of purging. There are another 11 bags waiting to be taken to Goodwill. Moving Sale is scheduled for June 26, 2009. (how's that for planning ahead?!)

Financial:
Two more accounts will be paid off by the end of September, first part of October. Budgets are in placed and actually being used! I never knew how exciting it can be to come in "under budget." I have been bringing my lunch to work, instead of fast food for lunch. That saves $3-4/day.

...and that is where I'm at! :)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good work in all areas but organization.

Janell said...

Congratulations on the budget - that is my biggest challenge.
Blessings to you!

LaDawn said...

Wow - great work! Congratulations on the weight goal. I know how hard that journey is and you have a lot to be proud of! Keep up the good work!

Oregon pictures