Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Plans for 2009

Like last year, I am not making resolutions, but plans for 2009.

"Plans start out as dreams." That is one thing I have learned about setting goals. With that in mind, a lot of my plans for 2009 revolve around moving to Portland, OR to attend classes at Portland State University.

Other than that, I am going to be working on the five areas being highlighted on Oprah and Oprah and Friends: on XMRadio. These areas are:

Weight- As many know, it is easier to lose the weight than maintain a weight loss. As a receptionist for Weight Watchers, I am able to listen to multiple meetings every week. In order to maintain my Lifetime status, I have to remain within 2 lbs. of my goal.

Health - Even though I am at a healthier weight, I know I can do better in choosing healthier things to eat. Toning up (as Jaydee and Kendra have pointed out) "squishy" things, like the "batwings" on my arms, is one area I need to work on.

Spirit - In my opinion this is more of a journey than a "goal." I will continue to work with the Youth Group at my church. When we move to Portland, I will continue working with Youth, at Creator Lutheran Church. Daily devotions and Bible discussions (when they arise) are part of this journey.

Money - Just like weight loss/maintenance, this is a life style change. I plan to continue working with my budget plan, with the goal of being debt-free.

Relationships - The most important relationship in my life is with my daughters. Spending more one-on-one time, with each of them, is one way I plan to strengthen this relationship.

Just like in 2008, I will be posting an update as to how things are going with my plans.

2 comments:

Janell said...

Good goals this year. You did very well last year and I have no doubt you'll get these done this time around, too.

Kendra said...

excuse but I am not the one that does that i just laugh at jaydee when she says -squishy-

Oregon pictures