Living up to my God given potential


The Great Commission "Go out and make disciples of all nations."

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Making of a Champion

A few years ago, before I really started to focus on setting goals, with steps, an opportunity was given to me to attend a goal-setting class. One of our church members was trying to start a class called "The Making of a Champion." Since the first conversation, his wife became ill and the class had been put on the back burner. A few months ago, his wife passed away from the disease she had. (She was a bit of a mentor to me, and is missed.) Last night, we had our first class. This is a 14 week course, so it will actually be my 3rd class for this quarter. It just doesn't count for credit towards my degree.

I discovered, last night, that I am not a beginner in this journey. I'm more of an amateur. On the other hand, I can see how I can use the lessons of this class, to work with Youth in setting their goals and achieving them.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sounds like a really good class.

Oregon pictures